We invite you to join this informational virtual workshop led by Kathy Downey Piscopo and Sam Brown from SAMHSA’s Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ) to learn how to use SAMHSA data and tools to advance your behavioral health equity work. This opportunity intends to provide technical assistance to National Network to Eliminate Disparities in Behavioral Health (NNED) members (free to join) and minority-serving and under-resourced community-based organizations (CBOs). This event is a continuation of the Elevate CBOs Webinar Series, an overarching policy-driven initiative from SAMHSA’s Office of Behavioral Health Equity that began in 2021.
By attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand SAMHSA’s CBHSQ data sources, including which to use for different types of information
- Learn what kind of reports, data tables, data files, and analytic tools are available via CBHSQ webpages
- Learn how to use CBHSQ’s publicly available analysis tools to find data needed, with an emphasis on data equity information
The event was also be shared on Facebook Live at fb.com/nned.net and closed captioning was available through Zoom.
Access the Recording and Materials:
- View the Recording of the Elevate CBOs Webinar: SAMHSA Data and Publicly Available Analysis Tools
- Read the transcript (coming soon!)
- Download the slides (PDF)
- Learn more about the speakers, Kathy Downey Piscopo and Sam Brown
- Access Substance Abuse and Mental Health Data Archive (SAMHDA) Data Analysis Tools
- Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) National Report (PDF)
- Direct Link to 2020 NSDUH Detailed Tables
- Direct Link to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health: 2-Year RDAS (2018 to 2019) Crosstab Creator
- Interactive NSDUH State Estimates
- Interactive NSDUH Substate Estimates
Previous Elevate CBOs Webinars:
- Budgets 101 Workshop
- Grants 101 Workshop
- Data 101 Workshop
- Community Needs Assessments
- Where’s the Data? An Overview of the Behavioral Health Services Information System
If you have any additional questions about this presentation, you can reach out to CBHSQRequest@samhsa.hhs.gov.
Please contact Dr. Victoria Chau and Perry Chan at the Office of Behavioral Health Equity, Victoria.Chau@samhsa.hhs.gov, Perry.Chan@samhsa.hhs.gov if you have any questions about the Elevate CBOs initiative.