The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – Office of Behavioral Health Equity (OBHE) and National Network to Eliminate Disparities in Behavioral Health (NNED) National Facilitation Center hosted this webinar on developing a budget for grant applications. This opportunity provided technical assistance to NNED members and minority-serving and under-resourced community-based organizations (CBOs).
The webinar provided an overview of project budget development, explained the importance of an accurate project budget, introduced budget terminology, and offered tips and advice on cost estimates. The webinar included a question and answer period and contact information for follow-up. Automated closed captioning will be available in the recording. The event was also be shared on Facebook Live at fb.com/nned.net.
Please contact Perry Chan at Perry.Chan@samhsa.hhs.gov if you have any questions.
Access the Recording and Materials:
- View the recording of the Budget 101 Workshop.
- Read the transcript of the Budget 101 Workshop (PDF).
- View the slides from the Budget 101 Workshop (PDF).
- Download the SAMHSA Budget Sample Template (PDF).
- Learn more about the speakers from the Budget 101 Workshop.
Links to Related Resources:
- Access the Training Events, Videos, and Reference Materials for Applicants and Grantees page on the SAMHSA website, which includes information for upcoming events.
- View the slides from Developing A Competitive SAMHSA Grant Application (PDF) by Beverly Vayhinger, PhD.
- Visit the Grants.gov website to search for forecasted and posted grants by entering “SAMHSA” in the keyword search box.
- View the 2022 forecasted grants from SAMHSA.
- Download the Developing A Competitive SAMHSA Grant Application Manual (PDF).
- View the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government.
- Find the Per Diem Rates for traveling.
- Find information on applying for an indirect rate agreement from the Cost Allocation Services.
- Download the Behavioral Health Implementation Guide for the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care (PDF).
- Learn more about efforts by SAMHSA OBHE around quality practice and workforce development.
- Visit the NNED Funding Opportunities page for more behavioral health-related funding opportunities.
- Learn more about WestCare Foundation Texas.