Earlier this year, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) launched the “Behavioral Health Equity Challenge: Outreach and Engagement Strategies for Underserved Racial and Ethnic Communities.” Community-based organizations (CBOs) often serve on the front lines to address the needs of their community members. The goal of this challenge was to identify and highlight outreach and engagement strategies CBOs use to increase access to behavioral health services for racially and ethnically diverse, underserved communities.
CBOs, state and federal leaders, and behavioral health leaders are invited to join these Showcases to hear from the winners of the Behavioral Health Equity Challenge. Winners share their innovative strategies, lessons learned from implementation, and recommendations for replication in other communities.
- Showcase – Part I: Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Showcase – Part II: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
These events are also shared on Facebook Live at fb.com/nned.net and closed captioning is available through Zoom.
Access the Recording and Materials:
- Part I:
- Part II:
- Learn about the Behavioral Health Equity Challenge
- Learn about all 10 Challenge Winners
- Part I Resources
- Part II Resources
- Comunilife – Life is Precious Program
- Read the article, Life Is Precious: Views of Adolescents and Their Mothers on Methods to Reduce Suicidal Behavior in Latinas
- Read the article, Life is Precious: A Community-Based Program to Reduce Suicidal Behavior in Latina Adolescents
- Read the article, Life is Precious: Reducing Suicidal Behavior in Latinas
- Camden Coalition
- Centro de Ayuda y Esperanza Latina Inc.
- Ser Familia, Inc.