The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people of all diverse communities. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in people of all ages. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger. Get informed and access resources for your community.
Links to Resource:
- Health literacy resources for non-English speakers
- COVID-19 Health Literacy Project
- COVID-19 guidelines: CDC’s general recommendations for coronavirus prevention translated into the most common languages in the U.S.
- EMBARC COVID-19 resources in ethnic languages
- New Hampshire government has resources in eight languages (including a video in American Sign Language)
- Washington’s Department of Health offers information in 15 languages
- American Indian/Alaskan Native
- Asian American/Pacific Islander
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA)
- Round-up of multilingual resources about COVID-19 including Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese (CDC factsheets, posters, and videos)
- Multilingual factsheets on prevention and cleaning including Cambodian, Korean, Vietnamese (LA County Health Dept.)
- Japanese and Tagalog in-language materials (San Diego Health Dept)
- Fact Sheets about COVID-19, symptoms, prevention, including Thai (Washington Health Dept)
- Share your story of racist or bigoted acts during this time by following social media guidelines at a campaign organized by justice and entertainment organizations.
- The South Asian Public Health Association (SAPHA) is crowdsourcing COVID19 resources in Asian American languages including Bengali, Punjabi, Urdu, Nepali and Hindi.
- COVID-19 Resources for South Asian Americans
- Public Service Announcements for AAPI families facing COVID-19 Discrimination
- Black/African American
- Resources for Undocumented Immigrants and their Families During COVID-19
- UnidosUS Resources During COVID-19
- UnitedWeDream: Resources for the Immigrant Community During COVID-19 (Also for DACA)
- Catholic Relief Services – Response to Coronavirus
- H|Code – General Insights for Latinx / Hispanics and Digital during COVID-19
- Resources for Latino Nonprofits During COVID-19 Emergency
- Coronavirus Recursos Para El Condado De Greenville – En esta época de inquietud y aislamiento le recordamos que la Alianza Hispana sigue comprometida en ser un recurso confiable para usted, su familia y toda nuestra comunidad.
- The Lives and Livelihoods of Many in the LGBTQ Community are at Risk Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
- Community Funds Providing Rapid Response Funding for LGBTQ Organizations Addressing COVID-19
- Implications of COVID-19 for LGBTQ Youth Mental Health
- The Queer Haven Online Community/Support
- Trans Lifeline volunteers are ready to respond to whatever support needs members of our community might have. (1-877-565-8860)
- LGBTQ+ Elder Hotline (1-877-360-5428)