At the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA), they recognize the unique experiences of individuals from marginalized communities who are affected by eating disorders. In response, NEDA has compiled a list of helpful resources, support posts, and self-care tips catered to transgender and non-binary people.
Population of focus: trans and non-binary people
Links to resource:
- View the full list and self-care tips from NEDA
- Trans Folx Fighting Eating Disorders: TTFED is an organization that recognize the intersections between gender sexual diversity and eating disorders, and offers support to those in need of help/awareness for these issues.
- The Trevor Project: The Trevor Project is a NNED partner organization that offers crisis intervention and suicide prevention to LGBTQ+ teens and young adults. They offer a helpline, online chat, and text support to best fit your personal needs. Call The Trevor Project at (866)-488-7386.
- Trans Lifeline: Trans Lifeline is a helpline dedicated to the wellbeing of trans people. It is staffed by transgender people for transgender people! Call Trans Lifeline at (877) 565-8860 (US) (877) 330-6366 (CA).
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation: TYEF is an organization providing trans youth, families, and educator with support services and informative resources related to trans issues. They have a list of helpful books, information on transitioning, legal options, and more.
- Trans Student Educational Resources: TSER is a youth organization dedicated to aiding trans students with advocacy, awareness, and empowerment in the academic world, ultimately making it a safer and more equal place. They have a master list of websites for support, other helpful organizations, medical resources, conferences/camps, and more to assist the fight for equality.
- Learn more about NEDA and the nonprofit’s dedication to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders.