The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) 2018 updated Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit is now available as a free download. The toolkit now features facts for community members, essential steps for first responders, prescribing recommendations, and safety advice for patients and family members.
This is an essential tool for professionals and laypeople alike who want to prevent opioid overdoses.
Links to resource:
- View the full Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit from SAMHSA (pdf)
- View Opioid Disorder Facts (pdf)
- View the Five Essential Steps for First Responders (pdf)
- View Information for Prescribers (pdf)
- View Safety Advice for Patients and Family Members (pdf)
- View Recovering From Overdose (pdf)
- View the Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit in Spanish
- Learn more about this newly updated toolkit