Through Heath Equity Change Makers, the Office of Minority Health is sharing compelling personal stories that illustrate the far-reaching impact of health disparities – and the ways that we all, as individuals, in our families and communities, and as a nation – are making change happen every day.
This toolkit is designed to provide ideas and resources for activities that you can do – at home, at work and in your community – to help end health disparities and accelerate health equity.
Links to Resource:
- View the full Health Equity Change Makers toolkit on the Office of Minority Health Website
- Learn more about the Change Makers and read their stories
- Organize a Health Fair
- Become a Campus Peer Educator
- Use Health Disparities Data in your reports and proposals
- Get trained as a Promotora or Community Health Worker
- Become a champion of National CLAS Standards and learn about cultural and linguistic competency.
- Participate in free health equity e-learning programs through the Department of Health and Human Services
- Visit HDPulse, a resource website from the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities to learn more about minority health research, populations, health disparities and more.