The Brother, You’re on My Mind toolkit provides Omega Psi Phi Fraternity chapters and partners with the materials needed to educate fellow fraternity brothers and community members on depression and stress in African American men. The toolkit also aims to communicate the importance of seeking help for mental health problems and to encourage affected individuals to get information from their health care providers and others in order to obtain appropriate treatment.
This toolkit can be used to plan and execute community education events and build strategic community partnerships to advance initiative goals.
Population of Focus: African American men
Links to Resource:
- Download the full toolkit (pdf)
- Depression and Stress in Older African American Men Fact Sheet (pdf)
- Depression and Stress in Younger African American Men Fact Sheet (pdf)
- Community Outreach Checklist (pdf)
- Partnership Development Tips (pdf)
- Locating Mental Health Treatment Handout (doc)
- Event group activities handouts: Managing Stress (pdf) and Practicing the Ask (pdf)
- Evaluation forms: BYOMM After Action Report (pdf) and BYOMM Participant Assessment (pdf)
- View more resources from NIMHD’s Brother, You’re on my Mind Toolkit