National Medicine Abuse Awareness Month launches in October. Teenagers and adults are abusing products such as over-the-counter (OTC) cough medicine.
CADCA’s Online Rx Abuse Prevention Toolkit contains facts, strategies and tools to prevent and reduce teen Rx medicine abuse in your community. This newly revised toolkit is based on CADCA’s Seven Strategies for Effective Community Change. Incorporating these strategies will help you formulate, modify and implement your prevention and intervention strategies.
“Prescription drug abuse is an epidemic that requires more than one strategy or tactic. It’s going to take a comprehensive approach that employs multiple strategies to create population-level reductions to this problem,” notes General Arthur Dean, the Chairman and CEO of CADCA.
Links to the Resource
- About the Toolkit on PreventMedAbuse.org
- Prevention Strategies: See the Seven Strategies for Effective Community Change in action.
- Facts & Tools: Review the latest facts on this drug abuse challenge. Discover how to conduct an Rx abuse community assessment. Check out the Sample Logic Model. See how this information gets translated into Sample Intervention Maps.
- Helpful Resources: Learn about information and tools that can make your programs and interventions successful, including share tools that you can place on your website, Facebook or e-mail signature blocks.
- Success Stories: View Rx prevention at work. Check out the video presentations from CADCA coalitions nationwide that are experiencing Rx medication prevention success.
Fill out the contact form on PreventMedAbuse.org.