Using social media techniques and innovations in child welfare practice is a relatively new approach for the field. While using social media as a practice tool offers opportunities to enhance, improve, and make work with children and families more effective, it also presents new challenges for the field.
These pages offer information and resources on how to capture opportunities to help improve outcomes and build supports for children and families using social media as a communication tool.
Population of focus: Youth in foster care, foster parents, foster care workers
Links to resources:
- Social media for child welfare agencies
- Social media in casework practice
- Social media safety
- Social Media Tips for Foster Care Workers (pdf)
- Social Media Tips for Foster Parents (pdf)
- Social Media Tips for Youth in Foster Care (pdf)