The Health and Human Services Office of Women’s Health has released a fact sheet titled Health Care Providers’ Role in Screening and Counseling for Interpersonal and Domestic Violence. The fact sheet provides answers to some common questions, including:
- What are the new preventive services guidelines?
- Why does screening for interpersonal and domestic violence matter?
- How can providers get started with screening?
- What should providers do when a patient discloses abuse?
- How can health care providers learn more about responding to domestic violence?
Population of focus: Health Care Providers
Link to resource: Health Care Providers and Screening and Counseling for Interpersonal and Domestic Violence (pdf)
Organization: Office of Women’s Health