Woven With Elders is a vaccination toolkit created by and for Pacific Islanders. Due to a prevalence of underlying health conditions, these communities are at a higher risk of serious illness. The free toolkit provides graphics, easy-to-read fact sheets, and responses to frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 vaccinations in order to protect Pacific Islander communities, especially elders.
Woven With Elders is specifically for community organizations that serve Pacific Islander communities that have been devastated by COVID-19 with high rates of infection, hospitalization, and death. These communities are strong and have faced many pandemics in the past. Vaccinations are the best way to ensure that cultural knowledge, practices, and traditions that have been passed down from elders continue on to the next generations.
Population of Focus: Pacific Islander Elders
Links to Resources:
- Download the Woven With Elders toolkit
- Download the Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander Community Toolkit
- Listen to the podcast, Koviki Talk
- Read Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander in-language vaccination fact cards
- Read the article, Disparities in Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander COVID-19 Mortality: A Community-Driven Data Response