FUTURES’ award-winning, national public education initiative, That’s Not Cool, has released a new resource: the Ambassador Toolkit. That’s Not Cool is an award-winning national public education campaign managed by FUTURES to engage young people online around healthy relationships and the prevention of digital abuse. The program’s interactive website, tools, and resources support young people as they learn to recognize, avoid, and prevent dating violence in their lives. That’s Not Cool also provides tools, resources, and technical assistance to adult allies—such as educators and advocates—working with youth leaders or young people experiencing dating violence.
The toolkit is a 23-page document that highlights resources and activities young people can use to spread awareness and start conversations around teen dating violence in their schools and communities. It is also a great tool for educators and community leaders to use in their existing work with youth.
Resources in the Ambassador Toolkit include:
- Discussion guides for film screenings and after school workshops
- Posters and handout materials
- Sample social media posts to share
- Videos and podcasts related to teen dating violence
Population: Teens and Young Adults
Links to Resources:
- Access the toolkit, The Ambassador Toolkit: Take Action Against Teen Dating Violence
- Access the toolkit, Runaway and Homeless Youth and Relationship Violence Toolkit
- Read Finding Safety and Support brochures in both Spanish and English
- Read the Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month Action Guide
- Learn more about teen dating violence