The COVID-19 pandemic continues to have far-reaching health and economic consequences for the American public. But for many, especially Asian Americans, the effects extend beyond medical and financial concerns. Many Asian American are facing discrimination everyday.
The Division of the American Psychological Association has created public service announcements for Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) families facing COVID-19 discrimination. Full sets of infographics (available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bengali, Urdu, Hindi) and the accompanying short videos for you to share and use. Two different sets of infographics were created, the first one, “Acknowledge, Validate, Reframe: How Asian Americans Can Respond to COVID-19 Discrimination” and the second one “Use Your WITS: How Asian Americans Can Respond to COVID-19 Discrimination“.
- Access the full set of AAPI infographics and videos from the Division of the American Psychological Association.
- Learn more about the Division of the American Psychological Association.
- Read the article Many Black and Asian Americans Say They Have Experienced Discrimination Amid the COVID-19 Outbreak by Pew Research Center.
- Read the article Asian Americans and Two Pandemics: COVID-19 and Daily Bigotry by Huff Post.
- Read the article 2,120 Hate Incidents Against Asian Americans Reported During Coronavirus Pandemic by CBS News.