The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) released a new toolkit, called Community Engagement, Precision Medicine, and Native Health.
This health equity toolkit was developed to implement what was learned from American Indian / Alaska Native communities about their perceived risks and benefits of participation in the NIH All of Us Research Program.
These toolkit materials can assist with developing concrete actions that an individual or an institution can take to engage diverse local communities, including Native populations, in discussions about and participation in research, generally and in genetic research, specifically.
Population of Focus: American Indian / Alaska Native
Links to Resource:
- The NIH research program All of Us was designed to deploy genetic, clinical, behavioral, and social data to deliver the right treatment to the right patient at the right time.
- Community Engagement, Precision Medicine, and Native Health Toolkit
- Facilitator Guide
- Video of Panel Presentations
- Reflection Sheet
- Table Discussion Sheet
- Visit the National Congress of American Indians for resources addressing concerns from a tribal sovereignty perspective.
- Community Health Needs Assessment Resources for Member Teaching Hospitals