Suicide Safe, SAMHSA’s new suicide prevention app for mobile devices and optimized for tablets, helps providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and address suicide risk among their patients. Suicide Safe is a free app based on SAMHSA’s Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) card.
SAMHSA’s Suicide Safe helps providers:
- Learn how to use the SAFE-T approach when working with patients.
- Explore interactive sample case studies and see the SAFE-T in action through case scenarios and tips.
- Quickly access and share information, including crisis lines, fact sheets, educational opportunities, and treatment resources.
- Browse conversation starters that provide sample language and tips for talking with patients who may be in need of suicide intervention.
- Locate treatment options, filter by type and distance, and share locations and resources to provide timely referrals for patients.
Suicide Safe, SAMHSA’s free suicide prevention app, is available for iOS® and Android™ mobile devices.
Population of focus: Behavioral health and primary health care providers
Links to resource:
- Download app for Apple’s iOS®
- Download app for Android™
- Read more about the app on the SAMHSA website
- Learn more about Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T)
Organization: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)