Counselors Helping (South) Asians/Indians, Inc. (CHAI) takes a holistic approach to providing proactive, culturally competent information and referrals on mental health and wellness to the South Asian population. They work collaboratively with communities and service organizations to end stigma and increase access to mental health services.
CHAI is composed of volunteers who are concerned about the mental health and wellness in the South Asian community. Our volunteers are diverse in experience, ethnicity, age and professions. CHAI members listed in the resource section of this website are mental health professionals such as Clinical Social Workers, School Counselors, Psychiatrists, and Professional Counselors.
What are the goals of CHAI?
- Provide information on mental health and wellness
- Provide outreach to the South Asian community
- Locate providers with South Asian language skills
- Locate providers knowledegable of the South Asian culture
- Provide culturally appropriate referrals
- Provide workshops to increase cultural proficiency
Population of focus: South Asians in the United States
Links to resource:
Organization: Counselors Helping (South) Asians/Indians, Inc.