The Empowering Youth Engaging School (EYES) Initiative supports school leaders in effectively addressing bias, bullying, and other hurtful behaviors within their buildings and school communities. This initiative engages and empowers youth and communities to create safer schools by recognizing and reducing bias-based bullying behaviors.
The National School Climate Center (NSCC) partners with Facing History and Ourselves (FHO), to create a combined preventative approach to bullying through the EYES Initiative. This partnership embraces NSCC’s approach to comprehensive school climate improvement and FHO’s instructional approach to building cultural competency and reducing bullying behaviors.
Links to Resource:
- Learn more about the EYES Initiative on the NSCC website
- Watch the video showing how the EYES Initiative is received by students and school staff
- Read about the grant awarded to New Hanover County Schools in North Carolina to use the EYES Initiative approach and increase bullying prevention training
- Watch a webinar recording on School Climate Improvement and Bullying Prevention hosted by the NSCC
- Learn more about how NSCC could help prevent bullying in your school by visiting the website, or watching this introductory video
- Learn more about how FHO helps students recognize hatred and bigotry by visiting their website