The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides an on-line directory for locating drug and alcohol abuse treatment programs, and mental health treatment facilities and programs.
The Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator lists private and public facilities that are licensed, certified, or otherwise approved for inclusion by their State substance abuse agency, and treatment facilities administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Indian Health Service and the Department of Defense.
The Mental Health Treatment Locator section of the Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator lists facilities providing mental health services to persons with mental illness. It includes
- Public mental health facilities that are funded by their State mental health agency (SMHA) or other State agency or department
- Mental health treatment facilities administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Private for-profit and non-profit mental health facilities that are licensed by the State or accredited by a national accreditation organization
Population of focus: People seeking substance abuse treatment facility or mental health treatment facility locations
Link to resource:
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator — http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/TreatmentLocator/faces/quickSearch.jspx
- Mental Health Treatment Locator — http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/MHTreatmentLocator/faces/quickSearch.jspx
Organization: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration